Health, Safety and Wellness Policy at Hypnotherapy Business Academy
Hypnotherapy Business Academy have a structure to ensuing your health, safety, wellness and privacy rights are safeguared. We also actively ensure we are an Equal Opportunities Training Provider and Trauma Informed Organisation.
Health and Safety Responsibilities of Staff at Hypnotherapy Business Academy
Our Health and Safety statement complies with the Irish Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Act (2005) and the UK Health and Safety at Work Act, (1974). Our general policy is to:
- Provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from learning hypnotherapy, delivering hypnotherapy in a clinical or classroom setting and teaching hypnotherapy.
- Consult with our students and graduates on matters affecting their health and safety in the classroom and when working with clients.
- Liaise with third party institutions where courses are delivered on-campus to ensure health and safety proceedures are implemented and communicated to students and graduates.
- Provide information, instruction, mentoring and supervision to hypnotherapists to enable them to competently complete tasks.
- Ensure all students and graduates receive adequate training.
- Mitigate against potential classroom accidents and potential accidents between hypnotherapists and their clients and/or colleagues.
- Instruct trainee hypnotherapists on the potential hazards of working online and methods to ensure their safety and the safety of their clients and/or case study clients.
- Maintain safe and healthy teaching and practicing conditions both in person and online.
- Revise and review this policy at regular intervals.
Health and Safety Student Responsibilities
Students have the following responsibilities.
- Co-operate with teaching staff and support staff in both the classroom and the institution where instruction is given.
- Not to interfere with anything provided to safeguard their health and safety.
- To take care of their own health and safety.
- To report all health and safety concerns to their classroom teacher, staff at the institution or directly to Susan Wallace.
Risk Assessment In Person
A risk assessment is carried out by the classroom teacher before all classes start.
Findings of any potential risks are reported immediately to support staff at the institution. Immediate action is required if the risk poses a threat to the health, wellness or safety of students, graduates or staff.
Risk Assessment Online
No exceptions are made. Students and graduates must comply with the following conditions to attend online classes.
- Video must be turned on at all times so you can be seen during lectures, demonstations and practice sessions.
- Driving, operating machinery or equipment is not permitted.
- Multi-tasking is not permitted.
- Students must ensure an alarm is set to mark the end of any practice sessions or demonstrations.
- Students must avoid putting themselves into a position where they may fall asleep or where their wifi connection may break and they lose connection with their tutor or other students during demonstrations and practice sessions.
- Students must take responsibility for their own safety during online lessons.
A risk assessment is carried out online by the teacher before all online classes start. Findings of any potential risks are communicated directly to the participant on Zoom. If they do not respond or if they do not take appropriate action they are immediately removed from the group. Immediate action is required if the risk poses a threat to the health, wellness or safety of students, graduates or staff.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Further to our general duty of care to our students and graduates, staff at Hypnotherapy Business Academy will do everything possible to protect you from acts of discrimination or harassment from our teachers and support staff, other students and graduates and from third party institutions and the services they provide to support learning. We are fully supportive of the
The Employment Equality Acts 1998 – 2015 (Ireland) and the The Equality Act 2010 (UK).
Trauma Informed Practice and Feedback Informed Approach.
Hypnotherapy Business Academy is a trauma informed organisation. Our approach is outlined < here >
We also are a Feedback Informed Training organisation. As well as teaching it we also employ it as part of our training standards. our approach is outlined < here >
GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
We comply with GDPR EU (2016) and we do not sell or share any of your data with any third party except with your express consent.
If you participate during demonstrations your express permission is obtained before filming content and before uploading it to the learning hub to support your own transformation through hypnotherapy and to support your fellow students learning experience.
Your express permission is obtained and an online form provided to you so you can provide details to be shared with professional associations who are offering you free student membership of their associations. For example the General Hypnotherapy Register.
Complaints and Procedures
Here at Hypnotherapy Business Academy we regard a complaint as any expression of dissatisfaction about our actions or lack of actions or the standard of services provided by us.
You can complain about things like:
- Delays in responding to your enquiries and requests for support
- The quality and standard of any service provided
- Failure to provide a service you have paid for
- The quality of our facilities, training or our supporting resources
- Failure to deliver on the policies as laid down in this document
- Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff or in a third party institution we use.
- The quality and standards of administrative processes
- Any concerns that you may have in relation to how we are using your personal data (data protection)
If you believe our level of service was inadequate or you believe your rights under Equal Opportunities Act were breeched we urge you to reach out to use in the first instance.
Please email Susan Wallace direct at email@example.com
We will do everything within our abilities to put things right with an internal review.
If this does not satisfy and you believe you need further support we will provide you the complaints process provided by the Associations and Regulatory Bodies that have provided us with our accreditation.
Our Informed Consent policy can be view in full on our website here.
This document was updated on 16 November 2023 by Susan Wallace on behalf of Hypnotherapy Business Academy.