How To NOT Do Regression Hypnotherapy
Click on the image below to start the video Master Class on Regression Hypnotherapy
How to NOT do Regression Hypnotherapy takes a look at how regression hypnotherapy is portrayed by film makers and script writers. It’s unfortunate that our clients watch this portrayal of our work and make the assumption that this is how regression hypnotherapy is done. This is simply not true.
- Professional hypnotherapists would never bring clients back into the experience of traumatic memory. They would always use third person dissociative techniques when regression is necessary.
- Professional Hypnotherapists would never bring a client who is experiencing dissociative amnesia into regression – the risks of false memory syndrome and confabulation are too high.
- Well-trained professionals know that if a client says something like ‘it feels like it is happening all over again’ then regression has not reduced the trauma it has deepened it!
- Professional Hypnotherapists would never regress a client who is emotionally unstable and comes to therapy with a high level of nervous system activation.
- A well trained professional therapist knows that remembering is not recovering. Just because someone ‘remembers’ the events during hypnosis – doesn’t for a moment suggest that remembering will lead to recovery.
The starting point will always be to give our clients a ‘trauma grounding kit’. A trauma grounding kit is a set of resources that our clients can access to help them restore balance in their emotions, their thinking and in their body.
It is essential that anyone who has been through any kind of traumatic experience knows how to self-soothe and calm themselves down. I’d go so far as to say that it is an essential life skill to know how to reduce symptoms of fight, flight or freeze that show up once we are out the other side of any difficult experience. Anyone who has experienced:
- Early childhood attachment wounding
- Early childhood trauma
- Relationship conflict
Needs to know exactly how to control the uncomfortable and often automatic feelings in their body. The body speaks for the mind. The mind can’t govern the body until the body has been regulated. These unwanted feelings are the body’s way of communicating the trauma in a non-verbal way. The body speaks of the trauma through the nervous system activation of our fight, flight and freeze response.
Now You Know How To NOT Do Regression Hypnotherapy – I’d like to show you how to DO regression hypnotherapy properly!
You can learn how to do professional, client centred regression hypnotherapy, deep inner child work and time line repair work by enrolling on the Triple Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Mind Coaching and Online Therapy.